Thank you for expressing interest in having your wedding at Woodlands Church. We greatly value the marriage relationship and will do our best to make your wedding da.y one that glorifies God and is the joyous occasion you anticipate. This document provides information about having your wedding at Woodlands Church.
Please contact our Wedding Services Department at 936-442-3145 or click the contact link below for answers to questions and additional information.
- Wedding Reservations
When making a reservation, you may request a wedding day, time and marrying pastor. These requests will be honored based on availability. Reservations are confirmed after the Wedding Application and required fees are processed.
- Marrying Pastor
- Weddings performed at Woodlands Church must be presided over by an ordained Woodlands Church pastor. Other pastors may assist the presiding pastor but must first be approved by the presiding pastor. A pastor will be assigned to marry you after your Wedding Application is submitted. Due to time constraints, our Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor are not available for weddings.
- Wedding Days and Times
- Chapel in the Woods
Monday, Thursday, or Friday at 1:00 or 7:30 p.m.
Saturday at 11:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m.
- Baptismal Pool
Monday, Thursday, or Friday at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
- Our Worship Center, Atrium and Prayer Fountain are not available for wedding ceremonies. Weddings cannot be scheduled December 20th through January 1st, Easter Weekend, July 4th or during Thanksgiving weekend.
- Membership is not required to have a wedding at Woodlands Church. However, because of the investment our members have made to enable our growth, we offer them preferred scheduling and rates.
- Established Members
- Established members are those who have attended the Membership Class and completed all paperwork at least three months prior to submitting a Wedding Application. If baptism by immersion is required to complete the membership process, this must be completed prior to submitting the Wedding Application. These members may make wedding reservations up to fifteen months in advance, subject to availability.
- New Members and Non-Members
- New members are those who have completed the Membership Class and paperwork within three months of submitting a Wedding Application. These members and those who are not members of Woodlands Church may reserve weddings up to nine months prior to the wedding date, subject to availability.
- Pre-Marriage Counseling
All couples getting married at Woodlands Church are required to fulfill the following preparation steps:
- Meet with the pastor who is marrying you for a one-hour “get acquainted” session. This meeting should take place as soon as possible after your reservation is confirmed and both of you have completed your pre-marriage inventory.
- Complete the Marriage Preparation Workshop before your wedding. This workshop is offered once each calendar quarter, so it is important that you schedule this early in the process.
- Meet with the pastor who is marrying you to review details about your ceremony and discuss the results of the Marriage Preparation Workshop. This meeting should take place at least six weeks prior to your wedding date.
The Woodlands Church pastor may require additional pre-marital counseling sessions in some cases. If these are required, they must be completed at least four weeks prior to your wedding date.